Dear parent or legal guardian,
In accordance with the regulations in the German Youth Protection Act (JuSchG), young people under the age of 16 may only attend events, particularly concerts (please see Article 5, JuSchG), at the Velodrom if they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and have a valid admission ticket.
When the new Act came into force, parents and legal guardians were given the option of appointing another adult to chaperone their child during and after an event in the Velodrom
Young people may therefore attend certain events if they are accompanied by a chaperone that has been appointed by their parents or legal guardians.
Please take note of the following important information when appointing an adult to chaperone your child:
- Your chosen chaperone must be aged 18 or above.
- Your chosen chaperone must be mature enough to responsibly provide your child with the support he or she needs in the relevant situation.
- If your child is attending an evening event, you must make arrangements for him or her to travel home safely.
- Please ensure that your chosen chaperone is not under the influence of alcohol or drugs when he or she is in charge of your child.
- Your chosen chaperone is allowed to take care of up to three children
A printed form for appointing a chaperone for your child in accordance with the fourth point of Article 1(1) of JuSchG you find here.